A 30-Day Self Portrait using one closeup and one overall photo and words to capture my art process, the day, my mood
Goals: to be vulnerable, honest, poetic, gain insight, create discipline, capture my process, engage in a public dialogue with private thoughts
21 April 2015 | 10:29pm | my FA295 studio
- I cut open a pillow in my studio to see what was inside: a mix of feathers and stuffing
- I cut apart three jeans and a gi pant. All white. I am sewing them back together.
- What if my art is never enough? (At least while I’m in grad school? “Then you’ll have to be satisfied with the path.” Thanks, Tom
- That’s great because that’s where I am now.
- Ask “what if” questions. Thanks Centa.
- Be grateful.
- I’m truly inspired by Linda Geary’s book Studio Visit of artful and poetic portraits of her conversations with 100 people.
- I want to be up early tomorrow.