I’m really excited about this upcoming Artist Business Circle that I’m facilitating, inspired by Cay Lang’s Book Taking the Leap: Building a Career as a Visual Artist.
Artist Business Circle
Need help launching your career as a visual artist?
We’ll begin this circle by dreaming big and sharing those dreams in a safe, supportive environment. The sessions include:
• Creating artistic goals and a workable strategic plan to make your dreams a reality
• Practicing self-introductions that pique another’s interest
• Discussing the importance of a mailing list and an artwork inventory record sheet
• Learning a daily practice to discover your mission as an artist
• Discussing your work as a tool to develop your artist statement
• Developing business cards, a resume, bio, letterhead and invoice
• Researching and developing a list of ten places, which reﬂect your personality, where you’d like to exhibit and sell your work
• Discussing the value of blogging, the effectiveness of a website and selling online
About the facilitator: Leah Virsik is an artist with a passion for bookbinding and repurposing everyday objects. She brings a marketing degree, a wide variety of resources and a love of research to this circle. You’ll also find her on the Alameda Women Artists board. Learn more about her at www.leahvirsik.com.
Dates/Times: Nine Tuesdays from 7:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M.
Sept 9, 16, 23 Oct 7, 21 Nov 11, 25 Dec 9 & Jan 13, 2009
Location: Frank Bette Center for the Arts
1601 Paru Street, Alameda, CA 94501
Register Online Now or call 510-523-6957
Questions? Email: leah at leahvirsik dot com
Cost: $150 (FBCA Member) $165 (Non-FCBA Member)
Plus guest speaker fee: $25 or less*
*Total speaker fee will be prorated among all artists.
Minimum sign-up for class is four artists.
Photo: Tom Virsik